First I made a party table runner. I love this runner. It did take some time to make, but I use it for every birthday now. I love it and get so many compliments on it from guests.
Party Time Table Runner from Me to You Designs
Party Time Table Runner from Me to You Designs by Diana Mclun and Laura Nownes (finished size is 26" x 74")
I also added a candle to the cake to make it look more like a birthday cake.
You can also use ribbon if you don't want to do applique.
I also made each guest a party place mat. I used the left over fabric from the table runner. Each one is different.
Place mats. This is not to size, but an idea of how I made matching place mats.
Then I made little tote bags for each of the girls attending. I used these as the party favor and they got to take home their princess plate and princess cup with some stickers. The tote bags for the girl's gift bags were 12 1/2 by 22 1/2 then folded in half and sewn up the sides and boxed the corners. I did the same for the lining. The handles are 2 inches finished by 17. I really do not like the plastic bags full of dollar toys and didn't want to hand those out. These bags can be used over and over and kids can always use more plates and cups.
|One of the tote bags. This one is for the birthday girl.|
The table setting. I also made little napkins using just a square of fabric and doing a tight zig zag stitch so fabric didn't unravel. The napkin size was 10 x12 and I sewed the zig zag seam one inch in.
The serving table. I made a banner with matching fabric and ric rac.
|My Fairy Princess ready for the tea party.|
The little candle house is supposed to be Tinker Bells house.
The Fairy Princess Tea Party Menu
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches: Cut into stars and hearts with cookie cutter
- Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwiches: Cut in triangles, no crust
- Mixed Veggie Tray
- Crackers With Chicken Salad
- White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Scones: Serve with creamed butter
- Strawberry Lemonade Tea
- Tea For Adults: Serve with cream, lemons, and sugar
White Chocolate Chip Raspberry Scones Recipe
- 3 Cups Flour
- 4 Tea Spoon Baking Powder
- 1 Stick Butter (crumble into the mix)
- 4 Table Spoon Sugar
- 2 Eggs mix in milk to equal 1 cup
- Mix all ingredients together
- Then Add
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Tea Spoon Vanilla
- Place spoonfuls on greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees
|At the end of the runner is the biscotti. I wish I had better pictures of everything, but this was before I blogged.|
- 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cut Up)
- 2 1/2 Tea Spoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 Tea Spoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tea Spoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cups & 1 Table Spoon Milk
- Mix the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in mixer. Add mixed ingredients egg, milk and vanilla
- Divide dough into 2 logs on Silpat baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool and reduce oven to 300 degrees. Once cool cut into 3/4 inch slices and flip the slices onto their sides. Bake on one side for 10 minutes and then on the other for 15. Remove from oven and let cool. Then enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee!