Friday, May 25, 2012

Show Doggies Valence Turned Pillow


Today I worked on my son Brian's Second grade teacher's gift.  Brian's teacher this year was the same teacher he had last year.  There was an opening at the school for a second grade teacher and she decided to try teaching a different age after having taught 1st for 10 years.  When she moved up she requested that Brian move up with her.  She is a great teacher and we were so happy when we saw she would be teaching him again.  I made her a gift similar to the one I made Kylie's Kindergarten teacher last year.  I had no idea what to make her this time.  Then I found out she was expecting a baby boy!  That made it easy for me.  She also asked that I take this valence from Sumersault Show Doggies and make it into a pillow.

Here is what the valence looked like.

Here is the pillow I made.  I found a 16 x 12 pillow at Joann's today which was a great size for what I had in mind.  I used the curtain holders for tabs.  


I cut the fabric to be 16 1/2 inches long and 12 1/2 inches wide. 




I also made her a satin edged lovey with minkey backing and a taggy.  I hope all of this shows her how much we appreciate all she did this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment