Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer is Right Around The Corner


We, the kids and I, have been listening in the car to some books on cd that we got from the library.  We are listening to The Adventures of Frog and Toad.  I don't think I have ever read these books to my kids, but they are loving them on cd.  We were talking about how Frog and Toad are such good friends to each other.  The author reads the stories and does a great job.  Anyways, one of the stories is about how spring is right around the corner so Frog goes looking around corners for spring.  My daughter Kylie must have really been listening to this story because today she was acting it out, but instead of looking for spring she was looking for summer.  She said she knew summer was just around the corner now!  And it is!  School is out June 8th giving us only 2 1/2 weeks to prepare for no more school and 4 kids constantly in the house!  I am so excited to have them home all the time, but I have to have some plans made so they don't go stir crazy too soon.



I also realized that I need to start working on teacher gifts!  So today I have almost finished my daughter's Kindergarten teacher's gift.  I have been having so much fun making it because of the bright colors.  Here is is so far.  It is going to be a wall hanging.  I used 2 inch squares for the border and I am thinking about a multi-colored binding and 2 orange loops for hanging it.  I hope to get it done tomorrow. Then I can get back to my son's quilt. 

Mrs. Rains' Gift.




Here is a random picture of one of my shelves by my sewing machine.  I love the painting I bought at a local craft fair.  I am loving the new trend of cute birds in art.  The birds remind me of my husband and I.  And there is our wedding picture too!  I am missing my husband at the moment.  He has been gone for a few weeks and I am really looking forward to him being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment