Saturday, May 19, 2012

Easy Couch Pillow With Zipper

We finally bought a new couch because our family could no longer fit on our old one.  We had grown from 2 people to 6 in 8 years.  If we wanted to watch a movie together as a family we were sitting on top of each other or someone had to sit on the floor.  So we bought a great sectional that has enough room for us and a couple more!  We love it, but it didn't come with enough pillows.  Each person needs a pillow on family movie night!  So my "to-do list" had *learn to make a couch pillow with a zipper* moved onto it.  I found a great tutorial here, Mommy by day Crafter by night, for a pillow that was the exact size I wanted to make and had fringe on it.   The zipper tutorial I actually used was from Curbly.  I thought their tutorial for putting a hidden zipper in was the best.  I had never done a hidden zipper before and the step by step process was so easy for me to follow here.  The pillow took me 1 1/2 hours to make because I was slow reading each step over and over, but I love my pillow.  Now my husband is begging me to make more.




1 comment: