Friday, September 9, 2011

Spent Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies

The dog treats I made with my husband's spent grains turned out awesome.  I tasted one and they were actually good!  So I found a recipe for chocolate chip cookies using spent grains.  They are healthy and taste a lot like a granola bar.  Here is the recipe that I got from Omnomicon, only I made a few adjustments minor adjustments.

1/3 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups spent grains (or alternatively, 1 1/2 cups of your favorite grain meal, prepared and still wet)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix in the peanut butter, regular butter, sugar, milk and vanilla. Then add the flour, spent grains, baking soda and salt. Once that’s all mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.

Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 425F for 8-10 minutes until the tops are just getting golden, but before the bottoms burn. Let sit on the pan for about five minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool. Serve with love.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies after batter sampling.

No comments:

Post a Comment