Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chicken Sausage Cassoulet Recipe

Chicken Sausage Cassoulet Recipe
By Jan Kempf

I found this recipe in my mom's church cook book. Had a bunch of ingredients that my family likes so I thought I would try it. It was actually really good. I recommend it as a pretty healthy and fairly simple meal to make.


1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pound sweet Italian sausage (casings removed)
1 cup chopped onion
1 or more cups carrot slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (16oz) cans cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
1/4-1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 16oz can chicken broth
Grated Parmesan for garnish

Brown chicken cubes, set aside.  Brown broken up sausage, add to chicken in casserole dish.  Cook onion, carrots, and garlic in a little oil for 5-10 minutes.  Add to casserole with beans, parsley, seasonings, tomato sauce, and broth.  Stir together.  Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.  Uncover and then bake for another 20 minutes.  Serve over rice with Parmesan cheese as garnish. 


So yummy!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment