Monday, September 12, 2011

My Baby Haley

My baby Haley is now 3 years old.  But I still call her my baby Haley.  She is getting ready to have surgery next week.  She is having her tonsils and adenoids removed.  Tomorrow we are going to the doctors for her pre-op.  She knows she is having surgery and that she will be in the hospital for a day and night.  To make her more comfortable I told her I would make her a mimi.  What is a mimi?  My older two kids were/are blanket babies.  Their special blankets are called mimis.  Haley never got attached to a blanket so she is always going around looking for one.  Today we went to Joanns and picked out some super soft flannel, minky and satin blanket binding.  I have never used satin blanket binding, but I love it.  It is kind of slippery to use and the corners gave me some problems.  But I know she will love it because it is the softest blanket I have ever felt!  I made another one exactly like Ucreate had in their tutorial.  I think it turned out better, but I have some practicing to do on the corners.  I think they are awesome though and will keep practicing!

This is Haley's mimi.  It is 35 inches long and 19 inches wide.

I made this one exactly like the tutorial in Ucreate.  It turned out better because of the rounded corners. 

I am giving this one to my neighbor.  She has the cutest baby girl, only 4 weeks old!

No comments:

Post a Comment