Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spring Basket Project Finished!


I have been working on this basket wall hanging project for a few months now.  I go down to my sewing room and look at the fabric and imagine what it should look like and then put it away. This went on for months!  Then I decided I just need to jump into it and stop over thinking it. I finally decided on the flowers and ironed appliquéd them.  And then let months go by again because I couldn't decide how to quilt it.  I don't know what happened, but it finally came to me how to quilt this project.  I have never quilted like this before and now I think I am hooked on it.  It was so much fun!  I just treated it like I was drawing pictures and not worrying about it.  Treating it like art.  I have always loved to just doodle and I told myself that this was for me so I could have fun with it and experiment   No stress about it turning out perfect.  Now I want to make more like this and trying more applique designs and be adventurous with my imagination.  I can't wait to hang it up in my kitchen.  Right on time for spring!












No comments:

Post a Comment