Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kylie's 1st Grade Backpack


My daughter, Kylie, is starting 1st grade on Tuesday.  She asked me to make her a backpack and picked out all the fabric she wanted me to use.  I really wasn't sure about making a backpack, but I have made a messenger bag before and thought I could make that style to fit her notebooks and then put the straps on like a backpack.  It actually worked and turned out really cute!  I even made a loop for it so she can hang it up in class.  It also has a pink magnetic snap to keep it closed.  The straps are adjustable with knots.  It fits her great and it holds all of her school supplies and lunch bag.  





I put two pockets in it.  The pink one has compartments in it for holding a pencil and other smaller items.



No comments:

Post a Comment