Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Scrappy Star Quilt Finished


Last night I finished putting on the binding of my Queen Scrappy Star Quilt.  I have been working on this quilt for 4 years.  I started it when I was living with my parents for a summer in Arizona.  All the fabric is a mixture from my stash I brought with me, my mom's and my Grandma's.  When I look at all the different fabrics memories come to me about what I made using those fabrics originally or who they came from.  Yes, I do know who or where I got all those little squares of fabric from.  My Grandma let me choose from her very old stash that she is quickly trying to use up.  My mom's fabric is more on the large floral yellow and blue side.  Mine is the bright stuff with mostly pinks and purples, at this time I was sewing for baby girls.  This is a special quilt to me.  





No comments:

Post a Comment