Thursday, February 23, 2012

High School T-Shirt Quilt

I have been working all week on another t-shirt quilt.  The top is finished!


I will post more pictures when it is finished.  Which is hopefully soon!

****UPDATE****


I finished the t-shirt quilt this afternoon.  I spent all weekend and Monday quilting and binding.  I also had to patch a few holes.  I think it turned out great.  T-shirt quilts have a super soft feel to them.  These shirts are very loved shirts.  It was such a fun project too.  I really like making t-shirt quilts because there is no pattern to them.  You just have to figure out how the shirts fit best together like a puzzle.  I love the colors of this one, the borders helped bring it back to life.  When the shirts were given to me they were so faded and full of stains and holes.  Now they have color and personality!


Quilt size is 82" by 65" 

Patch #1 
Patch #2 

Binded and backed with a soft blue flannel.

***UPDATE***

Picking out fabric to go with the shirts.

Here is what the t-shirt quilt looked like when it was given to me.  She had made this about 15 years ago and it was falling apart.  I definitely think it has a new life to it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment