Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dr. Seuss Messenger Bag

I try to go to the gym 3 times a week.  I love our gym because it has a great day care and I can read my book while I ride the bike.  So I am getting some needed down time, exercise which is good for my health, and the kids are having fun.  Thursday when I picked them up from the child care center I was told that my baby needed a bag to hold all of his items.  I was trying to get away from diaper bags.  I was just handing them a diaper wipe pouch, sippy cup and snack.  Each time I dropped him off I needed to make sure his name was on everything too.  I understood when they said it would be better if he had a bag.  I don't know how I got away with doing this for a year!  So I went home and made a bag!  I have been wanting to make a messenger bag and thought this small one would be a perfect bag for Jacob's things.  So I can still carry my purse and work out items and have this across my chest keeping my hands free.  I love it.  I even appliquéd his name on it along with the Cat in the Hat.  Now when I drop him off at the child care center at the gym I won't have to worry about having his stuff together and putting his name on it.  I am very happy with this bag.   



I found an old pattern in a magazine and added some pockets to it.   It holds everything I need it to with room to spare.


It is very comfortable to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment