Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stepping Stones

I have taken a break from blogging.  I realize that I have just started and didn't quite know what I was getting myself into.  I thought this would be a fun way to share all that I make with other crafters.  This thought then turned to my Etsy business and that maybe it would bring more customers.  I was also having fun drooling over what others had made and trying to make their creations too.  I then found myself on the computer way to much!  I was letting my house go and not realizing how much tv my kids were watching.  So I decided to take a break and pray about why I was blogging, if this was good, if I should continue it or just let it go.

I often get discouraged with myself when things around me don't seem perfect.   I focus on my little world and start comparing it to what I see of others.  This is never a good thing.  I have 4 kids! A 7 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and 11 months old.  My house does not stay clean no matter how hard I try.  Laundry and dishes are constantly piling.  I was loosing sight of what was important.  We can all see our little story so clearly, but loose sight of the larger story, God's story.  In the end all of this will not matter.   What should matter is that I am loving my children and taking good care of them.  Boasting in my works is not important, but boasting in the Lord's is.  You will never be a stepping stone unless you are caught up in the larger story.  I want my life to glorify God and not my works, but His.

My little story is here.  I know it will somehow be used by God for greater purposes.  Right now I am leaning heavily on this verse:

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Right now our future is up in the air.  We do not have any plans.  In one year our whole life will change because we will be out of the army.  Right now we don't know where my husband will get a job, where we will live, what we will do.  Then I remember this verse.  It is not our plans that give us a hope and a future.  It is God's plans!  God has plans for our future even though we don't.  He will take care of us and his plans will not harm us.  Even better than that His plans will bring us prosperity and a hope!  God declares this!  He doesn't just say it in a soft whisper or a still small voice.  He declares it!  And this is true for all who trust and obey God.  I want to live in God's story, God's plan for my life!  It has to be better than mine, because I don't have one.  I am trusting in God's plan and because of that trust I have peace over my life.  I am not loosing sleep over the future.  

So what does this have to do with my crafting blog, this is what I am wondering right now.  I love to sew and create.  This hobby/passion of mine has actually helped my family.  I know I don't need to quit this new form of expression either.  I just need to approach it differently.  Not what I can get out of it, but what I can give.  

1 Corinthians 10:31

New International Version (NIV)
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment