Thursday, December 15, 2011

Embroidery Hoop Art For Teacher's Gift


Over the past few days I have been trying to decide what to make for my kid's teacher's Christmas gifts.  I was thinking about just giving them snack bags that I made filled with cookies.  But my husband said he didn't think that was a good idea because our daughter's teacher might be diabetic.  Then I was trying to decide on how to embroider their name onto something that would be meaningful for them.  I have really been interested in applique art and the embroidery hoop art.  I came up with this idea of using my machine to embroider applique onto some plain fabric and then use an embroidery hoop as a frame to hang it.  I love the look and hope their teachers do too.  I went to Joanns and picked up 2 hoops for about 2 dollars!  This is a great gift that really cost me only time!



After I finished embroidering I sprayed the fabric with some applique adhesive and then put it on top of another cream fabric. This way you can't see the threads and mess on the back.  After placing the hoop the way I liked I cute the excess fabric witha  razor blade and used fabric glue around the inside edge to hold it all together.  Then I added a bow.  I am definitely not talented in the bow tying area, but I think it turned out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment