Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Garden Up-Date

I love spending time in our yard.  My tomatoes are out of control!  They are more like pumpkins than tomatoes!

 Our pumpkin patch is moving itself out into the yard!  It is fighting with the plants around it and trying to get more space.  I have never grown pumpkins before and didn't realize how much room they needed.



We went to Ikea last week and finally got a table we can all fit around for outside.  We had so much fun having a bbq and eating outside.  The kids thought it was the best thing ever.  When we finished eating they went straight to playing and my husband and I went straight to gardening.  I truly love to be outside.


We also got some ceramic pots for $5.00 at Ikea.  I got some ready to pot plants from Lowes and plopped them in.  I love how much they add to the little shed.

It also meant that I got to really use my garden bench.


My roses are blooming again!


We also finally planted out 2 sweet boxes and 3 hostas.  


We also planted another Miss Kim lilac bush, a plum tea rose bush, and 2 purple mums that I had sitting out from last fall.  I can't wait for next spring when everything is more established.  My yard is becoming a real oasis for our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment