Thursday, March 29, 2012

Easter Dress


A few weeks ago I made Easter baskets for all 4 of my kids.  I realized after making them that I still had a few weeks until Easter which was plenty of time to make dresses to match for my girls.  I had a hard time deciding on a pattern so I put the 2 I liked most together into one dress.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  I was also able to use my serger and love love love how the seams look!  I used to just finish the seams with a zig zag stitch, but the fabric would still fray and you would have lots of loose threads.  With the serger there are no crazy loose threads.  


Here is how the dress turned out on Haley.  I used the basic dress pattern from the book Little Girls, Big Style and then added the giant sash.  I got the giant sash idea from the Cottage Mama's tutorial for a party dress.


I love the sash!  I think I need to learn how to tie a prettier bow though.


Haley and her matching Easter basket.


A view from the side.



I added cute flower buttons.


Here is how the serged seams look.  

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!! And the fit is perfect on her. Thank you so much for sharing and I just love the way you did the straps.

    Have a great day, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsay! That means a lot to me coming from you! I really admire all you have done. :)

      Delete