Sunday, March 10, 2013

Flower Basket Table Topper


My Grandma gave me this table topper to quilt when I was visiting her in Arizona.  She put the blocks together and my Great Aunt Violet did the hand applique.  My Grandma has had this sitting in her to-do pile for at least 20 years!  She gave me some stensils to use to possibly hand quilt.  Instead, I used the stensils and used my free motion foot and quilted it on my machine.  I really wanted to hand quilt it. I even bought the hoop.  But I knew that I would honestly never get around to it if I was going to do it by hand.  I love using the free motion foot too and felt confident I could quilt this nicely.  I love it.  I love how old the fabric looks too.  It really reminds me of my Grandma.  I have this on my table right now, but I would like to have it hang on the wall in our new house.









No comments:

Post a Comment